Tuesday 2 June 2009

Challenges?

I only just realised that I am bored.

I'm not speaking of that kind of boredom that one experiences when one has nothing to do for a day or even a week. I've got loads to do, and I'm certainly not bored in the sense that I don't know how to fill my days. No, I wouldn't mind at all if my days had 30 hours and my weeks 10 days.

I am ever so busy yet I am incredibly bored. Most of what I do is useful and nice, and if it's not nice then at least it's necessary. My boredom is of a nature that up until now I never realised existed. I am intellectually bored. I really need something to do, something to think, something that isn't easily solved, something that actually challenges me. I never thought I would be one of these career women who can't get high enough on their job. Well, I have just found out that I am one of these women who can't get enough. I don't care much about the money I'm paid as long as I can pay for my room but I do care about what I am doing. And doing something useful and good doesn't seem to be enough, not even close. I do like my job, don't get me wrong. But it's just not enough. It might fill my days but it doesn't fill my life.

I wonder what I could do... I'd like to work on some kind of intellectual project - preferably something for which I don't need massive amounts of books but it still should be a challenge. I'd also like to stick to something within the realms of theology. So far I've had a few ideas but nothing seems to be very practical or else doesn't seem too appealing to me. Well, I guess we'll see what I can come up with...

1 comment:

  1. I so understand what you mean! Can you now understand what I was complaining about over the last few months? It's just what people feel like when they're not able to live out their most characteristic traits...

    ReplyDelete