Tuesday 2 February 2010

Back from outer space...

... well, back from parish life, a new job and all that goes with it...

I didn't really expect this to happen but here I am - enjoying my job, even coming to terms with the fact that my parish priest is... somewhat liberal, to say the least. Yet I have to admit (yes, there always seems to be a 'yet') that once again in my life I seem to be a little bored. Once again it's not a lack of things I could do but the fact that none of the things I do really challenge me. Don't get me wrong, I like what I do, and I usually enjoy my work. But it's not enough.

I decided I'm not going to do anything about this for the first year - I need to get used to my job, there're loads of things I need to work on, many areas where I can improve, so it seems wise to stay focused on these things first. But in the back of my head (well, the very far back...) I am yearning for more.

Sometimes I wonder if this could be my very own proof of God's existence - that this life is never enough, that there has to be so much more to the world than there is here and now, that there must be something so much greater which I just can't see but which is there nonetheless.

Ah well, for now I'm musing whether I should start a new blog in German, just to write about things, maybe together with Madders, who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment